Monday, April 25, 2011

All Time is Here

We found our way to the Santa Monica pier.


There's something unique about mornings in the Los Angeles area. The skies are filled with clouds and you don't really quite know if the sun will make an appearance.


We've sort of learned to just smile and take in the moment and its breeze because before you know it, here comes the sun. Do do do do...


Then you might find yourself in a predicament such as ours, one where the sun has convinced you that all you need is love and not a bit more careful application of sunscreen.


A bit sunkissed but certainly filled with adventure bliss, I remind myself that this is the moment I've been waiting for. I am present to a steady flow of motion and I am on deck.


On this boardwalk I felt all sorts of feels. This pier is the everything lackluster of carney rides and tourist temptations, but there's more to the story. I could sense that the weathered and trodden wood of the pier itself had soul. After all, it's the end of route 66, what rich history my path seems to keep crossing.
I felt the spirit of something greater than time and the breeze of the ocean. For that I am filled with gratitude.



No comments: