Saturday, March 12, 2011

Life as a Floating Lotus

I sit here in a waiting room, reflecting on the sights seen and the miles put on my 2007 Honda Civic. Selene the super sassy civic is being loved and honored in whichever way the dealership feels that she should. The many miles have been a great gift and glory in my life. There truly is nothing else like the open road. I was certainly enchanted by the winding west.


I found places with scenes that made my heart wish to scurry into the trees and never return. Maybe just make a left hand turn and run off into the sunset.
We made many turns to see the sights and delay the inevitable arrival of coming or going. The fact that Flagstaff, AZ made my heart come alive with admiration and inspiration even through a phone camera lens and the side of the road blur is certainly worth a mention.


This area came alive after a stretch of plateaus and canyons -- unfolding from bright, arid desert to hilly wooded wonder with snowy peaks and gentle heat to the snow spotted surroundings. This absolutely incensed my imagination and spilled sunshine and inner hope in all directions.


As the scene flashed by I tried to continue taking in the beauty of the scene while simultaneously my mind unfurled and whirled in my dreams.
It brought me back to the roads that I didn't travel, to the places that I didn't go, and to the people who didn't come along for the ride. Turns and exits in a vessel of motion create a mezzanine from which I can view the flow of the expanse of the present that did not flourish. There are childhood friendships lost, classes I could have taken, other colleges I could have attended, other majors chosen, other business decisions made, more recent relationships changed, and altogether many journeys uncharted on the path not taken. I realize that I carry these with me, quite lovingly. They paint each skyline's silhouette with a brilliant potential that the ever unfolding is balanced by that which folds back to allow further growth. Each petal, each fold, each friend, each smile, each place, each ache, and each turn are quite dear to me.


Flowing from within and glowing with my feet up on the dash in the setting sun along the mountainside roads, my mind took the the expanse to wander.
I wandered to the walls of the earthy cafe that almost was. I can feel the wood and breeze of damp Louisiana air from the second floor french doors. I feel in my heart I would have flourished in great service and love with a wholehearted opportunity to offer health and healing. This offering I know without a doubt is where I am headed and I smile at the way life chooses when and where we unfold. Things are not always what they seem and I feel that this was expressed to me as the offer came back to me as my journey had already been charted across the west. These feelings and tides came back to me in the present golden ride as my eyes dreamed their greatest dreams of future ponds to float along.


What beautiful journeys that follow. I see them as clearly as I see this exact point of time. Where I am going is where I am. May the unfolding be brilliant.

No comments: