Thursday, September 16, 2010

Samsara - That Which Always Moves

There is certainly a brilliance to a rising sun in the desert.


With this sunrise I celebrated the arrival of my parents. They came for a visit for the first time since my leaving from Louisiana.
I suppose it simply has not been long enough for me to feel the distance of the west coast from that familiar home in Louisiana.


Floral reminders of my father's gardens popped up everywhere in Leo's home.


We celebrated Julie's birthday with a belated chocolate cake and semi-awkward birthday wishes. My mom was out for the mordida but due to my dad's help the push into the cake was avoided.


I contemplate their visit as the sun sets.
There's a certain emotional turbulence for which family gatherings are famous. Breathing and awareness are key. Yet in all situations in which strength is required, the bit that slips through the cracks exposes the impermanence of the fortitude.


Each blossom unfolds its delicate presence. We ponder this presences and give to each bloom a meaning.
There's beauty to the bizarre, happiness that comes from the overwhelming, and always a moment forward that leaves behind the moments shed.

It is in the vulnerable simplicity of our nature that we dream up an existence beyond the love and beauty of our lives.

No comments: