Monday, September 20, 2010

Continued Unfolding

These pictures were taken on a sweet fourth of July bike ride downtown in Baton Rouge, LA.





There are scenes that become so familiar that they come to you in times when you are deep it thought. A bridge, a levee, and a bike path.





The silhouette of the the lights on the counter relights a place in my heart that holds fond memories. I try to harness this feeling in every deep breath. It helps me to exhale any present bit that isn't worth taking in.





I love how we as humans paint our ceilings as we like to paint our skies. We are innately dazzled by a sky dotted with bits of light.





On that particular fourth of July, I rested below the steps of the levee with Julie.





We paid extra attention to the details because we suddenly knew that change was coming. We watched our hearts explode in brilliant flashes, lighting up the familiar Mississippi as though it were simply a looking glass.





I like to transfer my feelings into the scenes I see unfolding before my eyes. It's as though I channel my presence into the present and when it's all said and done the many details of the moment paint more details than mere pictures.





I still experience the surprise of this shot of the river smiling at me.
We smiled because we knew that the frames we caught were the serendipity in the shutter speed of the camera.
Simultaneously experiencing something then reliving it in capture frames can be a tickling experience.





We had no choice but to let our fears rain down their glittery trail. They are an important brilliance if you don't hold onto them. In a moment they shed light on what needs to be seen.





The path that unfolded for us was brilliant in it's fear, uncertainty, and unknowing. And yet this was all fun. It is all fun. I admire feeling these feels.





After all, each one of our lives is like a flash of the universe. Each lifetime sees it's mapping out of constellations and motion of the stars.





For me it's simple to see the universal all around us.





Whether life brilliantly flashes or quietly passes it is all such a beautiful thing.





I feel complete in each beautiful scene; a whole life in each moment.
I never leave behind or hold on unnecessarily. I revisit and newly adventure daily. I culminate and create.
Time folds back onto itself and refolds for later unfolding.

No comments: