Thursday, August 26, 2010

Raining

At times, life is a storm. The elements align and a brilliant madness can possess the elements and the energy of the moment.


I suppose it's a different experience in the desert. There really is not a build to a climax, or a moment where the clouds burst and the heavens rain down with a sigh of relief.


In the end, the clouds roll by. A combination of reds, purple, orange, and rust dance within the threatening gray clouds and they roll on to where their winds find break.

It makes me wonder about the people here. I smile at the locals who grow tired of desert landscapes and yearn for downpours. I think that gratitude is the desert's great release and the display is in interesting colors and the bursts of sunshine that settles in different areas of the valley. I am grateful for the rain of sunshine.


I clearly must share my gratitude.

No comments: