Saturday, August 7, 2010

Many Hikes

There are some places that are hiked once and you leave with a sense of accomplishment.

That is not the case with Bump n Grind in Palm Desert.


Around each corner is another great view.


If you stop to take them in, you are beamed down by the sun. Or you learn to attempt the hike later in the day. Lesson 1 of Bump n Grind: it's a 6pm hike kind of place dying the summer.


Regardless of the sun, our first hike there was amazing. We felt that we hadn't conquered even a quarter of what there was to offer on that trail. There was also another trail in the opposite direction that we hadn't attempted.


As we headed back down the trail I stopped for a moment and felt a familiar feeling that hikes bring me. There's a certain timeless experience that you return to in nature, a sort of living memory of every adventure.I felt a wave of familiar energy and put it into making a small mark that we had come.
Today after my second hike it seems easier to reflect on the first. These connected experiences give life to the many before it. It is quite an immense part of my journey. I hope to be a display of my gratitude.


Location:Bump n Grind

No comments: